Electrical safety is Paramount in the home,
home surroundings and in every day life.

The following is a number of home safety tips to save energy and to better keep your residence electrically safe:

Electrical Safety Practice

  • Replace or repair damaged or loose electrical cords.
  • Avoid running extension cords across doorways or under carpets.
  • In homes with small children, make sure your home has tamper-resistant (TR) receptacles.
  • Consider having additional circuits or outlets added by a qualified electrician so you do not have to use extension cords.
  • Follow the manufacturer's instructions for plugging an appliance into a receptacle outlet.
  • Avoid overloading outlets. Plug only one high-wattage appliance into each receptacle outlet at a time.
  • If outlets or switches feel warm, frequent problems with blowing fuses or tripping circuits, or flickering or dimming lights, call a qualified electrician.
  • Place lamps on level surfaces, away from things that can burn and use bulbs that match the lamp's recommended wattage.
  • Make sure your home has ground fault circuit interrupters (GFCIs) in the kitchen bathroom(s), laundry, basement, and outdoor areas.
  • Arc-fault circuit interrupters (AFCIs) should be installed in your home to protect electrical outlets.

Home maintenance

  • Check energy panels every couple years for tight connections (properly torqued breakers, no loose connections)
  • If alluminum wiring is present the pigtail receptacles then attach pigtail copper connections
  • Apply oxidation cream to alluminum wiring
  • Check heaters for dust buildup
  • Replace any home electrical switch every couple years due to over usage
  • Check for smoke & carbon monoxide detectors monthly

Causes for fire in homes

  • Loose connections
  • Overloaded circuits
  • Outdated power plug strips or plug adapters (i.e. a 2-plug to a 6-plug adapter)
  • Heat
  • Improperly installed devices
  • Alluminum wiring
  • Improperly installed switches or plug outlets
  • Loose or outdated wiring in the attic
  • Heater devices
  • Non-maintenance panels

Nick Q.

"Yes the holidays were upon us and we had lots of family and friends coming into town to enjoy the great phoenix weather. the only problem is my circuit breaker blew when I was installing some extra Christmas lights. I saw a commercial about Dexknows awhile back so i gave it a shot. I found Haddox & Sons on my Iphone app. It was the holidays and 6:00 on a Saturday night. I needed someone to come immediately as my Christmas party was beginning in less then 2 hours. I called with little hope that someone would answer and sure enough not only did they answer but they made me feel comfortable about the situation and for me not to panic. Within 1 hour I had my power back up. I was so relieved that I asked the technician to join the Christmas party with his family. Since that event, I have used them on several occasions to install new outlets for a new washer/dryer, help with wiring my rooms for ceiling fans etc. This was really a top notch service and I would recommend them to anyone!!! A+++"

Tell us how we’re doing